Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Week 22: Changes

Ok so first let me mention that I was certain I posted something for week 21--but apparently it slipped my mind. With that having been said, let me fill you in on what has been going on.

Michaela has been moving all the time which is absolutely wonderful. Every time she moves it is a wonderful little reminder of how special it is to have this little life growing inside of me. Alex still is having trouble feeling her mostly because every time that I tell him she is kicking, she stops when he puts his hand on my stomach. I feel pretty good in general too. The fatigue has improved a million times. I have actually been up until 11 or later 3 times this week. This is quite an accomplishment from my previous 8 o'clock bed times. Of course that might have something to do with the fact that I wake up 2 hours later...nevertheless it feels nice to not have to kick out house guests so that I can go to sleep.

In other news life has been super busy. Our closing date on our house has moved until January 5th which if you will look at your calendar is a mere 3 days away. The process involves so much more than anyone will ever tell you and is more physically and mentally exhausting that you could ever imagine. Especially when it comes to the waiting for the final approval. And the process is about to get even more exhausting. You see, we haven't even started packing yet. This is actually a very strategic move. My reasoning for this statement is that if by some chance this deal doesn't go through, I wouldn't have wanted to waste all of that effort. (Plus I just can't bring myself to face that daunting task!)

All of the winter holidays have also added to the stress of the recent weeks, not that I haven't enjoyed almost every minute of them but the rushing and traveling and marathon Christmas's have been tiring at best. It was fun to have everyone doting over how my stomach has grown and to receive presents even for our unborn daughter. I also registered for my childbirth classes today. This experience was most excellent. Far more exciting than I ever anticipated. Our classes start on March 5th and should be wrapping up just 2 weeks before our due date. This was really exciting. Just knowing that it is getting close to the time for our beautiful little daughter to be here is absolutely wonderful. Of course I am aware that the next few months mean even more stress and rushing--oh well I am sure that I will survive.

No comments: